|
|
:: Thursday, February 13, 2003 ::
So no SING part for Hudson. Oh well...
I've been thinking about love a fair amount recently. Probably cause of those fucking bunnies. But I was thinking, you know how people say there's only one love for you in your life? Well, I don't know if I believe that, but lets accept it just for the point of riding on Hudson's train of thought for a few stops.
If everyone has one true love in their life, then everyone has to meet their person, otherwise the system wouldn't work...but what if you run into your love like at the coffee shop one time, and you look at her and say you get like a twinge in your stomach or whatever, but maybe you think "Damn, my coffee is hot," put some more milk in it, and go back to your magazine. And you never see her again. Then you're fucked, aren't you?
Or like what if you meet your true love and fall in love and whatever, but you're 14 years old and not in control of your life, and end up at different schools or different towns or states or whatever? What if you don't get another chance? What would you do then?
So I was thinking, if I was God and I was programming the world(and of course God programs in python), I'd put in some checks and shit. It might look something like this:
from random import randint
class person:
def __init__(self, people):
rand = randint(0, len(people)-1)
self.name = people[rand]
del people[rand]
self.truelove = people[randint(0, len(people))-1]
if self.name == self.truelove:
__init__(people, name)
def meet(self, other):
self.age = randint(1,100)
other.age = randint(1,100)
if (0 < self.age - other.age < 10 or 0 < other.age - self.age < 10) and (self.age > 18 and other.age > 18):
return 1
else:
return self.meet(other)
people = ["bob", "jane", "tom", "mary", "harry"]
new = person(people)
new2 = person(people)
if new.meet(new2):
print "LOVE."
print new.name, "is", new.age
print new2.name, "is", new2.age
:: 11:47 PM [+] ::
...
|